The North American Transmission Forum's members include investor-owned, state-authorized, municipal, cooperative, U.S. federal, and Canadian provincial utilities. The Forum promotes the highest levels of reliability in the operation of the electric transmission systems.
Any organization that owns, operates, or controls at least 50 circuit miles of integrated (network) transmission facilities at 100 kV or above, or operates a "24/7" control center with NERC-certified operators, or has an open access transmission tariff or equivalent on file with a regulatory authority, may join the Forum.
The Forum is organized around six integrated programs: Practices, Peer Reviews, Information Sharing, Metrics, Reliability Initiatives, and Assistance.
The Forum envisions continuously improving the reliability of the electric transmission system.
The Forum’s mission is to promote excellence in the reliable operation of the electric transmission system.
- Leading change by sharing best practices
- Holding each other accountable in our pursuit of excellence
- Ensuring senior leadership's ongoing commitment to the Forum's mission
- Fostering a community for sharing information through openness and candor
- Maintaining confidentiality
The North American Transmission Forum, Inc. is an independent, nonprofit corporation.